The countdown is on to the most magical time of the year and to celebrate, Gunnedah will shine bright with magnificent Christmas lights and decorations adorning properties across the Shire.
The 2018 Christmas Lights Competition is now open, with gift cards to win across six categories:
- Best Decorated House – Winner $200, second prize $100 and third prize $50 Gunnedah Gift Cards.
- Best Nativity Scene – Winner $50 Gunnedah Gift Card.
- Best Christmas Theme in a Village – Winner $50 Mitre 10 gift card.
- Santa Street – Winning Street receives the winner’s plaque and $100 Gunnedah Gift Card.
- Judges Choice Award – Winner $50 Mitre 10 gift card.
- Best Dressed Shopfront Window – Winner $50 Gunnedah Gift Card.
Gunnedah Shire Council’s Cultural Precinct Team Leader Lauren Mackley is excited to see the community get in to the festive spirit and decorate their homes and properties.
“Each year people go above and beyond to transform their homes, gardens and streets into festive expressions of joy for the entire community. The coveted ‘Santa Street’ award is up again, so encourage your neighbours to join in the fun,” Ms Mackley said.
“Thank you to Petrie’s Mitre 10 Gunnedah and the Gunnedah Chamber of Commerce for jumping on board as sponsors this year.”
The competition closes at 5.00pm on Friday, 14 December 2018. Judging will take place on Monday, 17 December 2018 and winners will be announced at the Gunnedah Shire Council Administration Building on Thursday, 20 December 2018.
Entry forms are now available from www.gunnedah.nsw.gov.au or from Gunnedah Shire Council’s Administration Building, Gunnedah Shire Library or the Gunnedah Visitor Information Centre.
For more information please contact Gunnedah Shire Council Cultural Precinct Team Leader Lauren Mackley on (02) 6740 2100 or [email protected]
Photo Caption: The coveted ‘Santa Street’ could have a new home in 2018.
Brooke Maisey | Communications Officer | Corporate and Community Services
Gunnedah Shire Council (63 Elgin Street) PO Box 63, Gunnedah NSW 2380
t 02 6740 2100| f 02 6740 2119| e [email protected]